Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter

Americans have different Easter traditions. We had a quick look round the candy section of our local grocery store and found one proper Easter Egg (Twix), a few bags of small chocolate eggs, loads of plastic eggs to hide in the garden and Peeps. Peeps appear to be the contents of an alien's hanky - brightly coloured blobs of goo - and yet they are by far the most prolific Easter treat. I have yet to try one and I do not feel inclined to do so! Most importantly, Americans do not have hot cross buns and so I have got out my trusty Kitchen Aid and made a batch. In deference to our new home I have made them American sized.

In other news spring is well under way, lots of blossom on the trees and things growing in the garden. Most of our free weekends have been spent skiing (I can now cope with some blue runs) although last weekend was probably our last outing of the season. I have got a job here where I have been cashiering for the last three weeks and have just started training on the cheese counter. Pretty much my dream job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment