Thursday, September 5, 2013

All is well

Our landlord came out on Friday night to fix the plumbing (blocked food waste disposer), we still don't have TV but that is scheduled and in the mean time we have a faster internet connection and a Netflix subscription.

Slow progress is being made on the drive but there is no sign of any concrete yet.

Today I have been to the social security office to get myself a social security card. I managed to bring the wrong piece of paper and thought that would be it, but the lady at the desk was able to look me up on the system and so that was fine. In fact I was in and out of there in half an hour, I thought it would be much longer. I went to the mall afterwards and the shops weren't even open yet!

My early start downtown gave me a good excuse for dropping in on a lovely cafe http://les-madeleines.com/ for breakfast. I've not been to many cafes yet because this one is so nice. I had French toast made with panettone (Euro breakfast?) served with syrup and grapefruit slices - delicious. Oh, and I bought a couple of Amans for later. They are the best pastries I have ever had. They are so good I haven't even tried the macarons yet.

The cats are settling in fine, in fact they are so settled in they are starting to squabble again. Ozzy is behaving badly by jumping on every surface he can find so he is definitely back to normal. Izzy is still rather timid but is getting braver. Yesterday she went down in the basement of her own accord which was a big step. We're hoping they will be ready to explore outdoors in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment